Thursday, November 03, 2005

Customer "Rage"

I am not making this stuff up. It's out there. In a recent article named 'Customer Rage' Is on the Rise, customers are no longer accepting poor service. The article states "According to a Customer Rage Survey released today, 15% of shoppers surveyed who received unsatisfactory service actually sought revenge for their suffering." I found that statistic to be staggering. Read the article for yourself. It pays to be nice, or it may pay to hire security.

Seriously, most people who experience poor customer service will leave for another provider. They will leave quitely, at first. Then they will tell anyone who will listen how bad it was. Sales does not end with the sale. Take care of the customer, during and after the sale.

1 comment:

Mal said...

I stumbled on your blog and had to check it out.... it's great!

As a former Sales Manager it got my juices flowing again. It's been three long years since I've been to work due to disability from a second back surgery, but anyway...

Today's customer RAGE made me laugh because this was ME yesterday as I had to search the floor of Macys to find someone to ring up my purchase! When asked if I found everything I said, "No, I found no one to help me in the mens section that's why I'm having you ring up my mens clothing here in housewares." And the women in housewares could have cared less...

Again, I loved your blog subjects... your "bookmarked"!!