Monday, May 02, 2005

Network, Network, Network

I know the three most important words in our vocabulary are Nurture, Nurture, Nurture. Yet, today my focus is on Networking. This week is the York County Chamber of Commerce's Business Expo. It happens to be their 25th year doing this and as always, it will be an awesome event. So as I plan my behavioral plan for the week, I am focused on meeting new friends, catching up with old ones and being available for my clients at the Expo.

I have been participating in the Expo since 1993, and I haven't missed a year. My plan is always the same, stop off at K&K Coffee to see Dirk and get a cup of coffee. Then start my day of networking.

What is important about working an Expo:

  • Bring lots of cards, but only give out if you feel there is a fit,
  • Get lots of cards, and ask lots of questions,
  • Don't expect to close there, but create an opportunity to follow-up utilizing your up front contracts
  • Follow-up, follow-up and more follow-up

See you at the Expo.

No comments: