Thursday, July 21, 2005

Cook Book

I was meeting with Ed and getting some advice. I felt a bit confused on how to allocate my time. I have several things I am involved in as well as the work that I do. I am a Toastmaster and this year they elected me President of our Club. I am a member of Women's Network of York and I am serving on a committee to promote an event that is happening in October. I am involved in the Chamber's Partnership campaign. And I also need to fit in my behavior for Staub & Associates.

My dilemma is that I have about 10 hours a week to work at this point on pay-time activities. Ed noted that I was talking cook book. It's funny how I was talking cook book, some thing we teach and yet it did not seem that obvious to me. Then it hit me, I do it naturally without labeling it. So right now my recipe for success has to only include those things that will provide me with tangible results in a short time. Once I defined the results needed to be successful, it was easy for me to decide where to spend my time.

I love our system.

No comments: